10 reasons why I relaunched this blog
18 July 2017
Instead of writing a self-congratulatory piece about the fantastic achievement of relaunching a blog (it’s not that difficult!), I thought you might find it useful to know why I bother writing a blog in the first place.
- Writing forces you to put your thoughts into order. Every article I write, helps me learn how to run my life and business interests in the best possible way.
- It’s often not just what you know, but also who you know. Operating a blog is incredibly useful for building and maintaining your professional network.
- Much as I find having a LinkedIn profile useful, having your website to present yourself to the world is even more useful.
- Your social media contacts you never actually truly own. Your blog readers, however, you do own.
- The world of blogging gets ever more competitive. My previous blog website was a page I created over a year ago on Wix, and while this was perfectly respectable for a while, it felt like I needed an upgrade to the current standard of blog websites.
- A blog is a way of giving back. I have had the opportunity to learn from some incredibly bright people, and now I have a chance to pass on that knowledge.
- To use Kim Kardashian’s words, having a blog makes you appear “profesh”.
- When ex-girlfriends google my name, I’d rather have them find my blog on the first page of Google search results than any other content that I don’t have control over.
- The encouragement I received from people who read the snippets I used to publish on my private Facebook website.
- Regularly writing articles is a good step towards eventually publishing another book.
On that note….. 3, 2, 1! Off it goes. All personal messages (praise, criticism, enquiries), please send them to me via my contact page. I do reply personally to every single message I receive.
Want to print this article? Open a printer friendly version.
Did you find this article useful and enjoyable? If you want to read my next articles right when they come out, please sign up to my email list.
Share this post: